Some important Food Storage Tips and Considerations
Many people today have a concern for what the future holds. They are active in preparation, and are working to prepare for any potential difficulties ahead. One of the areas that people often consider is how to store food and supplies. With that, we want to offer some Food Storage Tips for you to consider. You'll definitely want to consider these simple suggestions when you store food, water, and supplies.
[wp_ad_camp_1]Food storage needs to be started now for you to survive in the future. Start canning, buying and generally storing for the future. Let’s look at some food storage tips to keep all of your food safe for you to eat in the future. Not all foods can be stored long-term. But, there are many that can. If you store certain foods properly, they will last you for years. Becoming self-sufficient is your long-term goal here. We are going to a few foods that will be easy to buy and great for storing in the future:
- Beans – You can purchase beans in bulk quantity or purchase them in smaller bags at your supermarket. Beans provide a basic need: protein.
- Grains – Be sure to stock up on brown/white rice, flour-white/wheat, oats, cornmeal, rye, barley and wheat.
- Canned Meats
- Honey (if you don’t have your own bees)
- Dried Corn
- Peanut Butter Seeds
- Salt and Canned Goods
- Powdered Milk
- Fruit (Freeze Dried or Dried—anything you can reconstitute by adding water).
- Foods that won’t last as long as the above but are definitely good to have on hand for short-term survival: Pasta
- Oils – Olive Oil and Fats like Lard
- Formula (if you have a baby)
- Canned goods