What Happens when Preppers meet up?
Just what goes on when you get a bunch of preparedness minded people together? Does everyone arrive wearing camouflage and tin foil hats?
If you want to be inspired to gather with a group or organize a group in your state, you’ll want to listen to the program on Saturday Night (just follow this link, it will be live that night or a recording later) – http://www.blogtalkradio.com/doctorprepper/2011/07/03/your-prepreation-station
Just what all did they have on the docket to do that weekend in June? A LOT!
- Demo a variety of camping stoves.
- Fire-starting Demonstrations and Contest.
- Survival Kits, Bug-Out Bags Instructional.
- Demo rolling oats using the Family Grain Mill and cook a large pot of fresh oatmeal for all.
- Optional Wild Edibles/Foraging Hike with expert.
- Building an emergency shelter Instructional.
- Planting and Growing Shitake Mushrooms
- Survival Medical/First Aid.
- Bartering Items that were brought for practice in the art of Bartering!
- Food storage/preservation demos with dehydrators and demos of mylar bag sealing for whole grains and beans, instruction on fermentation, canning and salt curing meat.
- Sustainable Food Production discussion/instruction such as edible landscaping, container gardening, winter gardens and more sustainable food cultivation.
- Water Purification/Storage – Purification methods, rain barrels, emergency storage
- Radio Communications – information about radio communication in general including Ham, MURS, FRS/GMRS, CB, SW, scanners, antennas, back-up power.
- Hand Stitchery to make clothing last as long as possible.
- Using a Sling-Shot and Contest.
- Discussions around the camp fire—Bug Out Locations, Bug-Out Vehicles, Raising Small Livestock, Emergency essentials, energy sources (solar, generators, wind, wood, etc.), emergency food, home and personal security, Why we prep—long term vs. short term, sustainable living, etc. and anything else of interest.